What You Need to Know About Dental Implants In Houston, TX
Learn about the advantages of getting dental implants at Nu Dentistry
Photography by Pete
A missing tooth is a problem that most people would like to avoid. In fact, it’s one of the top reasons for tooth loss in adults today. Fortunately, there are many solutions available for those who have lost their teeth and want them back! One such solution is a dental implant, which can replace your missing tooth with an artificial root that works just as well as a natural one.
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth and provide a natural-looking alternative to dentures. They can also help improve chewing ability by providing additional stability for your jawbone.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace a missing tooth. They are composed of three parts: the implant, abutment, and crown. The implant is surgically placed in the jawbone, and the abutment is secured to the implant. The crown is then attached to the abutment, creating a replacement tooth.
In addition to being strong and looking natural, dental implants also serve an important purpose. Besides preserving bone density, they also boost the aesthetic appeal of the smile. Consult a dentist at Nu Dentistry about whether dental implants are right for you if you are considering them.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
There are many benefits to getting dental implants. If you have missing teeth, it can lead to problems like the inability to chew your food properly and even malnutrition. Dental implants can help by giving you back your smile and chewing capabilities.
Natural-looking dental implants can replace a missing tooth due to injury or the removal of a tooth through extraction.
Dental implants also provide stability and support for the surrounding teeth, which is beneficial in preventing tooth decay and bone loss around your mouth. In addition to that, dental implants help you maintain healthy gums by healing infections faster than traditional dentures would.
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants will vary depending on your individual needs. Since each patient has different needs, it is hard to estimate the exact cost of dental implants without a consultation with your dentist or orthodontist. However, most clinics offer financing plans for treatments, so you don’t have to pay all at once.
How are dental implants placed?
When you think of dental implants, you may wonder how they are placed. Implants are basically screws that are placed into the jawbone to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants can be placed during one appointment in most cases. The implant is surgically placed into the jawbone and allowed to heal for a few months before the dental restoration is attached. The entire process usually takes around six months from start to finish.
Are there any risks associated with dental implants?
Dental implants have been around for many years and are considered a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth. While dental implants are typically very reliable, there are some risks associated with them. However, these risks are very low and can be minimized by choosing a qualified implant dentist. Some of the risks associated with dental implants include infection, dental implant failure, nerve damage, or sinus problems.
If you are considering dental implants, be sure to consult with a qualified implant dentist to learn more about this treatment option.
What is the aftercare when receiving dental implants?
Many people who have dental implants are confused about aftercare. There is no need to be alarmed, post-surgery care is easy and simple!
Once the dental implants are placed, you will be given a set of instructions to follow. Typically, you will need to avoid eating crunchy or sticky foods for the first few days after surgery. You should also avoid smoking and drinking alcohol, as they can slow down the healing process.
You will also be required to take antibiotics if you have a dental implant placed under the gums. If you do not follow these aftercare instructions, your dental implants may fail and will require additional surgery to replace them.
What is the recovery time for dental implants?
After receiving dental implants, there isn’t much downtime. You can go back to work immediately in most cases, but it’s best if you take off from work the day of your implant appointment. It’s also very important to take care of your mouth and teeth after receiving your new implants and keep them clean and healthy. One of the most important is to keep up with brushing and flossing. Aftercare can help ensure that you don’t have any problems in the future!
Why you should get your dental implants at Nu Dentistry
At Nu Dentistry, we understand how difficult it can be to choose your implant dentist, so we’ve made choosing us as easy as possible for you.
Nu Dentistry is the best place to get your dental implants. We are an award-winning practice with years of experience in providing exceptional care and results. Our team of highly trained professionals will work closely with you to create a personalized treatment plan that fits your needs, budget, and lifestyle.
At Nu Dentistry, we’re committed to providing the best dental implants in Houston. We offer comprehensive care that includes everything from routine checkups and teeth cleanings to more complex procedures like root canals or full mouth reconstruction. Our dentists are experienced with all types of dental implants, including single tooth replacements and full arch replacements. If you want an affordable option without sacrificing quality care, come see us today!
- What You Need to Know About Dental Implants In Houston, TX
- Five Reasons to Get Professional Teeth Whitening In Houston, TX
- Cosmetic Dentistry In Houston, TX: What You Need to Know
- Do’s And Don’ts After Your Tooth Filling In Houston, TX
- What You Need To Know About Your Dental Crown In Houston, TX
- The Advantage Of A Gold Dental Crown In Houston, TX
- Cavities 101: The Ins And Outs Of Tooth Decay In Houston, TX
- Porcelain Dental Crown In Houston, TX: Why Patients Love Them
- Treating Tooth Decay: Onlay vs. Inlay In Houston, TX
- What Are The Best Types of Tooth Filling In Houston, TX?
- When Do You Need A Dental Crown In Houston, TX?
- The Ins and Outs of Your Tooth Filling In Houston, TX
- Tooth Filling In Houston, TX: Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If You Don’t Treat Your Cavity In Houston, TX?
- Temporary Tooth Filling In Houston, TX: Why Do I Need One?
- Deep Cleaning In Houston, TX: Do You Really Need It?
- The 3 Best Materials For A Dental Crown In Houston, TX
- 7 Common Signs You Have A Dental Cavity In Houston, TX
- How To Strengthen Your Tooth Enamel In Houston, TX
- Do You Need To Replace Amalgam Fillings In Houston, TX?
- How A Dentist Fixes Your Decayed Or Broken Tooth In Houston, TX
- The Many Ways A Dentist Uses A Dental Crown In Houston, TX
- Can You Save Your Knocked-Out Missing Teeth In Houston, TX?
- Post-Treatment Care: What To Do After A Root Canal In Houston, TX
- Canker Sore in Houston, TX: Is It A Dental Emergency?
- Foods To Avoid If You Don’t Want A Cracked Or Chipped Tooth In Houston, TX
- Tooth Replacement In Houston, TX: What Are My Options?
- Bleeding Gums In Houston, TX: Causes and Treatments
- The Most Common Causes of Gum Pain In Houston, TX
- Emergency Tooth Extraction: Treating Cavities, Gum Disease, and Wisdom Tooth Impaction
- What Can You Do to Save Your Cracked or Chipped Tooth?
- Why Invisalign in Houston, TX Is the Best Choice For Straightening Teeth
- Why Choose A Periodontist For Dental Implants In Houston, TX?
- The Pros and Cons of Getting a Root Canal in Houston, TX
- Should You Consider Sedation Dentistry in Houston, TX?
- Do I Need Wisdom Teeth Removal in Houston, TX?
- What To Do When You Need Immediate Toothache Relief
Our Office Hours
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 3pm
Schedule an Appointment Online
or call: (832) 916-4144
5706 San Felipe St Ste B-300
Houston, TX 77057